What do I want to eat?

This was the question that was on my mind almost 24/7. Then something fun happened that required I keep an eating journal. This blog was created to be a place to log my daily entries. I know, I know...why would anyone want to post an eating journal? Not to mention, who one earth would want to read an eating journal? I don't know - all I do know, is that I need to keep one to help me eat more responsibly.

The following was recorded on Tuesday April 22, 2008.
Last Friday night Stephen was on a campout with the Young Men so Sonnet and I were out and about together. We decided on a double feature – one movie @ the plaza and another @ Edwards. We had a little time between show times so we wandered around the shops @ Edwards. Russo’s Books looked good so we stopped in for a browse. The first book I picked up had us laughing out loud so we decided to get it. It is called Neris and India’s Idiot-Proof Diet. The authors are India Knight and Neris Thomas. The next two days we were mesmerized and took turns reading out to each other. The authors, India & Neris, became our new best friends and this diet adventure is a result of our time together with them through the printed word.

'How It All Began' is where I have posted the first two months journal. There after the most recent post will contain the most current week. I will say this, as I look back through it I realize what started out as just an accountability tool, has evolved into something much, much more meaningful for me.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Summer Fun II

Haven’t checked in for a while so here I am. Things have been going along pretty smoothly and I am holding the line at 150 pounds. One of the goals I made four years ago when I started this thing was to be in good enough shape to keep up with my grandkids. So far so good. I am happy to report that this summer I have been to the beach a couple times and was not afraid to put on a suit and get in the water.




It might not be a pretty picture but at least it is better than it would have been 21 pounds ago.


Can’t say I have really been trying to drop pounds this past month. Kudos to me for I have been to the gym regularly. However, couple that with fun gatherings meaning meals out of my control, and you barely get maintenance let alone loss.


Summer is winding up and I am looking forward to getting back into a settled eating routine. My next goal will be to do some toning. I am feeling kind of flabby.

No comments: