What do I want to eat?

This was the question that was on my mind almost 24/7. Then something fun happened that required I keep an eating journal. This blog was created to be a place to log my daily entries. I know, I know...why would anyone want to post an eating journal? Not to mention, who one earth would want to read an eating journal? I don't know - all I do know, is that I need to keep one to help me eat more responsibly.

The following was recorded on Tuesday April 22, 2008.
Last Friday night Stephen was on a campout with the Young Men so Sonnet and I were out and about together. We decided on a double feature – one movie @ the plaza and another @ Edwards. We had a little time between show times so we wandered around the shops @ Edwards. Russo’s Books looked good so we stopped in for a browse. The first book I picked up had us laughing out loud so we decided to get it. It is called Neris and India’s Idiot-Proof Diet. The authors are India Knight and Neris Thomas. The next two days we were mesmerized and took turns reading out to each other. The authors, India & Neris, became our new best friends and this diet adventure is a result of our time together with them through the printed word.

'How It All Began' is where I have posted the first two months journal. There after the most recent post will contain the most current week. I will say this, as I look back through it I realize what started out as just an accountability tool, has evolved into something much, much more meaningful for me.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jami's B-Day

 

 So the Walkie-Talkies went out to lunch today to celebrate Jami’s B-day.  I made a good lunch selection of fish.  It came with rice and salad.  I substituted the rice for double salad.  Good so far.  It was a good lunch and when we were ready to go I mentioned that we did not get Jami any dessert, didn’t even ask her if she wanted something.   We always get dessert.  Someone suggested we go down the road to a place called Tutti Fruiti.  It was a cute yogurt shop.  They offered sugar free/fat free vanilla (those kinds of things always make me wonder just what exactly it is they are made of).  It tasted good so I used that as my base.  Good so far.  Well, then there was the topping bar…I had a scoop of Butterfinger, heath bar and almonds with a splash of hot fudge and caramel.   Not so good.  We all sat around eating and talking.  The company was delightful but the yogurt nothing special.  I mean it was good but not worth the calories.  It was a good experience that reminded me that by eating healthy I am really not missing out on anything and to spend my fluff calories only on things I really want.  Tonight we have Relief Society and there is sure to be treats.  No problem.  What I had today confirmed that even goodies I think will be delicious can in reality be unsatisfying.

1 comment:

Sonnet and Christian said...

That is a good thing to remember. Just say to yourself "It is not worth it"

By the way this is the second night in a row that i have tried to log on to Pigs to Twigs to post and I can't. I must be doing something wrong. Expect a phone call tomorrow.