What do I want to eat?

This was the question that was on my mind almost 24/7. Then something fun happened that required I keep an eating journal. This blog was created to be a place to log my daily entries. I know, I know...why would anyone want to post an eating journal? Not to mention, who one earth would want to read an eating journal? I don't know - all I do know, is that I need to keep one to help me eat more responsibly.

The following was recorded on Tuesday April 22, 2008.
Last Friday night Stephen was on a campout with the Young Men so Sonnet and I were out and about together. We decided on a double feature – one movie @ the plaza and another @ Edwards. We had a little time between show times so we wandered around the shops @ Edwards. Russo’s Books looked good so we stopped in for a browse. The first book I picked up had us laughing out loud so we decided to get it. It is called Neris and India’s Idiot-Proof Diet. The authors are India Knight and Neris Thomas. The next two days we were mesmerized and took turns reading out to each other. The authors, India & Neris, became our new best friends and this diet adventure is a result of our time together with them through the printed word.

'How It All Began' is where I have posted the first two months journal. There after the most recent post will contain the most current week. I will say this, as I look back through it I realize what started out as just an accountability tool, has evolved into something much, much more meaningful for me.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekly Weigh In

Well, I can report that I went to the gym 5 days last week and just got home from the gym today. Lovin’ it! Sonnet says I should step up my block allowance because my activity level has increased so I think I will increase it by 1 block. This gives me a total of 10 per day. I have been happily Zoning as well. Alas, with all my efforts I have only dropped 1 pound – go figure. I have noticed a difference in inches though, which is far more satisfying. Clothes are fitting better giving me more options in the wardrobe department. Stephen dropped 5 more pounds bringing his total to 9 pounds. Good for him. He does not work out per say, but if you count the time he is outside working on his Jeep I guess you could say he is upright and moving for hours most afternoons.

Tonight I am going to try my hand at cooking Tilapia. Sonnet suggested covering it with salsa and baking it in the oven for about 15 minutes. I will add a broccoli, carrot and cauliflower medley as a side with strawberries and cream for dessert. OK, change of plans – When Stephen got home we went to Hart Park and took a walk. By the time we got home it was late to begin cooking so we just had an easy-fix dinner from the cupboards. Stephen had cottage cheese and stewed tomatoes (4 blocks) and I had two boiled eggs mixed with a little Mayo spread on a piece of bread (2 blocks), a string cheese and some strawberries (1 block). Hopefully I can try the fish soon.

No comments: